Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mangrove Planting

We did a mangrove planting as part of our Labor Month Celebration in our office. Yes, we celebrate Labor Month and we don't have a holiday every Labor Day. Back in the mangrove planting, it was only us, the DOLE family together with our attached agencies, who did the said activity. Gladly, we were surprised to see a quite number of people from Tigbauan who joined us in our little good deed to mother Nature. To those who are from Iloilo or living in Iloilo, our mangrove planting site was in Barangay 9, Poblacion, Tigbauan, Iloilo. The people were very warm in welcoming us.

I only planted one (1) mangrove. See that little plant above? That's my dear plant. I wish it will grow. Well, I only planted 1 because after that, I was busy picking or actually the word is "aaarrrgggh" I don't know what appropriate word to use. Haha. Anyway, to describe it, I was using a bamboo stick which the other end is carved to become pointed. And that pointed other end of the Bamboo stick was what I used to gather all the plastic bags where the seedlings or the "baby" mangrove were put before we planted it in the soil. So, I was picking those trash using the pointed bamboo stick. Hahaha. I hope you understand a bit using my explanation.


Behind me is where the river meets the sea. Sorry if I hadn't captured it well. And forgive those red things in my face.

This is a part of our planting site. See the river? It was high tide soon.
My mangrove is in the far end. Next to it is the river.
♥♥♥

No comments: