Monday, November 17, 2014

Trappist

Another church hopping adventure of me and Rayssa. 
I've been to Trappist before but I never really got a chance to see the church inside it. And so it means that this was my first time. Rayssa do believe that you can make a wish if you visit a certain church for the first time. 

These photos was long overdue. I just got the time to post. We actually visited two churches during this church hopping adventure of us but I'll post this first because this was our first stop. 

And just for a little information about Trappist, it is a monastery governed by monks. It is one of the tourist spot of Guimaras Island. Though open to public, there's a place in there that is prohibited for the public. The place that only the monks can enter. Did I sound creepy? LOL. I'm just just referring to the monks' abode where they sleep, cook, eat and pray all by themselves. No disturbance is allowed. But one of the monks, or maybe he's a priest, or a monk that is not so monk approached us (well, I dunno the real difference between the monk and the priest, I just believe that monks are not allowed to talk to the outside people, and because that "priest" talk to us, I concluded he is not a monk - I promise to research the difference between the two if I will have a spare time). He greeted us warmly and with a smile and asked if me and Rayssa are sisters. He reasoned that we have same features. And that was not the first time. Jacque, our friend, once said that, we two, are look alike. I really cannot get their point of reference though. I cannot find any feature or face look of us that is the same. I  don't know why they said that. All I know is that Rayssa and me are friends.

Back to Trappist. Because they are one of the many, tourist destinations in Guimaras (it's a blissful island), they have inside a Gift Shop where you can buy church symbolisms like cross, wood statues of Jesus Christ and other saints, rosaries, and prayer booklets. They also sell native delicacies and souvenirs of Guimaras.

Down below, you will see Nanay Basyon. She's the care taker of the gardens in Trappist. All the plants and flowers that you will see are caressed by Nanay Basyon's loving touch. Nanay Basyon said that she already dedicated her life to served Mama Mary. She gave us roses (and a lot of other flowering plants she have there) to plant and said that all who can bloom the roses are loved by Mama Mary. She have a lot of blooming flowering plants around the Trappist and our most favorite is the "Rosas de Birhen" which I posted it here first among with the other flowers I captured during that church hopping day of us  in the Island of Guimaras. 











































I hope you enjoyed watching the photos as much as I enjoyed taking these photographs. I'm sorry, just another frustrated photographer here. I'll post the second church we visited during this churches trip of us soooon. Hasta La Vista Blogger! :D